This was encouraged after experiencing increasing pain and discomfort physically.
I went to a physical therapist and after about 3 weeks of them poking me with needles, electrodes, applying suction cups to increase blood flow and assign me simple exercises, I realized what I needed more than physical therapy twice a week was getting my body strong again by getting into the gym and putting muscle back on my bones.
Over the next 12 months, I truly got into the best shape of my entire life, including my 20’s.
1) I made a decision to do the work as a priority. For me, there are no real decisions made without investment in time and money. So, I allotted time on my calendar and invested money to make sure it was a priority.
2) I hired a trainer to meet me daily, six days a week. I also insisted on paying him in advance to ensure I showed up each day and show I was serious about the commitment.
3) The first 30 days…no days off. I was unable to do even one complete pushup or pull up when we started. I was ashamed and uncoordinated—and had I had the opportunity to take a day off, I would have quit because I was so disgusted with myself.
4) The first 90 days was just getting into the ritual. My commitment was to simply get in a workout without hurting myself. I abandoned the no pain/no gain concept (this is the first time in my life I didn’t hurt myself and had to stop my workouts)
5) I did a maximum of 59-minute workouts beginning each morning at 6am.
6) I added 20 minutes of cardio at night in the third week.
7) 45 days in I started handling my diet. My trainer tried to get me handling my diet in the first week but it was too much for me to confront. I needed physical victories before I approached the eating issues.
Once I started getting strict with my diet and was already in the habit of exercising, the gains began to accelerate.
And it all started with a simple decision.
That’s why I want to remind you it’s never too late to get your body right and change your physical condition.
It’s also not too late to alter your financial condition.
That’s why I want to invite you to the upcoming 10X Growth Conference—it’s 3 days of great content to help build your ideal life, both physically and financially.
I hope these 7 tips help you out wherever you are today!
P.S. Follow me on Instagram HERE
About Grant Cardone
CEO ofCardoneCapital, international speaker, entrepreneur and author of The 10X Rule & creator of 21 best-selling business programs, Grant Cardone owns & operates seven privately held companies and a $1.4B portfolio of multifamily properties. Named the #1 marketer to watch by Forbes Magazine, Cardone is also the founder of The 10X Movement &The 10X Growth Conference, the world’s largest business & entrepreneur conference.